This page offers some more safety tips you need to follow in order to enjoy your outdoor Christmas lights. Please keep these in mind as you decorate over the holidays.
- All outdoor lights should be plugged into a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet. These outlets are like the ones in your bathroom with “Test” and “Reset” buttons.
- If you use extension cords, they should specifically be for outdoor use like the lights.
- Do not string lights on trees that contact or are near power lines.
- Orient the lights so that the sockets point down and won’t collect water.
- If you need to change bulbs, unplug the lights first.
We want you to have a safe holiday season, and if you want to guarantee a safe and attractive light display on your house, contact us. We can professionally install your display without any hassle or hazards for you.