We all want the perfect yard, but few of us know how to obtain that lush lawn that we all dream of. Well, your quest for greener grass may be simpler than you think. The perfect yard will require a fair amount of work, but it is definitely something you can handle.
This article from AssociatedContent.com outlines several steps to ensure you have the lawn you have always longed for.
- As they say, it is what’s inside that counts. Or at least what is under the surface. The key to any good lawn is good soil. If you are starting from scratch – either seeding or sodding – make sure you use high-quality soil. Have the pH checked, and add any nutrients that your soil may be missing.
- Remember, preparation is the key to success. You should be prepping your lawn well before it is time for your grass to grow. One way to accomplish this is to over-seed in the fall. This will allow the seed plenty of time to take hold, allowing you to apply a pre-emergent herbicide in the early spring to cut down on weeds.
- Kill two birds with one stone. Do not use a bagging mower. Allow your grass clippings to break down and nourish your lawn. While this will not look as neat as a clipping-free yard, it will be best for the health of your grass.
- Raising the blade and only cutting when the grass gets above about 2.5 inches helps to keep the weed growth strangled, and allows your lawn to hold moisture for a longer period of time.
- It is best to water (1–2 inches) ever five to seven days. Deep watering makes the root system of your lawn turf go down a little farther, encouraging healthier growth.
- If you’ve taken care of the soil nutrients from the beginning, feeding your lawn early in the summer, and lightly applying an over-winter feed is probably all you will need.
- Keep an eye out for animals, fungi, and insects that may negatively affect the health of your lawn.
- Remember that lawn care is a year round job. Doing a little every month, even during the winter, will go a long way to ensure the health of your lawn.
If you have any questions, contact TLC Incorporated by calling 888-742-5852 or click here today!