Putting up and taking down holiday lights can be a real hassle. First you have to design your layout, and then you have to take the time to put up your lights (which will undoubtedly be tangled), climbing up and down your ladder for hours. And you know that at least one strand is not going to work, requiring you to painstakingly check each and every bulb to find the problem.
If only there was a better way…
Wait, there is.
There are professional companies that can design your lighting layout, put up your lights, and then take them down after the holiday season. There are several different levels of service to choose from:
- Use the company’s lighting and designs
- Have them hang and remove your own lights
Of course, you can decide to tackle your holiday lighting on your own. If you do this, be sure to exercise caution. The below tips were provided by HolidaySafety.org.
• Before decorating, determine how many outlets are available and where they are located.
• Avoid overloading electrical outlets, which can overheat and cause a fire.
• Carefully inspect each electrical decoration. Cracked or frayed sockets, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a serious shock or start a fire.
• Use lights approved for safe use by a nationally recognized testing laboratory.
• Follow the use and care instructions that accompany electrical decorations.
• Always unplug electrical decorations before replacing bulbs or fuses.
• Do not mount or support light strings in a way that might damage the cord’s insulation.
• Never connect more than three strands of incandescent lights together.
• Turn off all indoor and outdoor electrical decorations before leaving home or going to bed.
• Fasten outdoor lights securely to trees, house walls, or other firm supports to protect the lights from wind damage. Use insulated staples, or run the lights through hooks.
• Make sure all products are marked for outdoor use.
• Keep all outdoor extension cords and light strings clear of snow and standing water.
• Make sure spotlights used to highlight decorations are well-ventilated, protected from weather, and a safe distance from flammable items
If you have any questions, contact TLC Incorporated by calling 888-742-5852 or click here today!
For more than 20 years, TLC, Inc has specialized in the planning, installation and maintenance of high-quality commercial and residential Lawn Sprinklers and Irrigation Systems, Lawn Lighting, Outdoor Lighting, Holiday Lighting, as well as Lighting for outdoor features including pools, hot tubs, spas, decks and walkways.
A dedicated team of lighting and irrigation specialists for the Mid-Atlantic Region
Holiday Lighting and Decoration Safety Tips HolidaySafety.org
Adding and Removing Holiday Lighting Experts.MerchantCircle.com